Maplesyrup v62 Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donation/Reward System

4 posters

Go down

Donation/Reward System Empty Donation/Reward System

Post  Gentlemen Fri May 22, 2009 6:10 am

Lately, there has been a number of people donating for the level 3 GameMaster position. Before flaming, please read the rest of the thread. In my opinion of this donation reward, I believe that it's wrong and it should be changed. I know the donations help the server and you give the rules to the donators that if they break any of these rules, they will be demoted and so on. But in my past experiences, I've seen other servers with the same type of donation reward but later on, a rich person donates and later screws up everything. The donator did several things such as ban everyone that he sees, warps everyone to a single map and spawns as much Zakum's as they can, therefore, causing a lag so massive, it d'ced everyone on the server. I know the chances of this happening are somewhat low, but it's better to take precautions than to risk it. I know there are several of donators that are Gm's right now that are actually really nice guys but giving them Gm status isn't really a proper reward for them (I have nothing against you guys. I'm just expressing my opinion). And also as a GameMaster myself, I believe its unfair to let a 'random player' be able to get GameMaster status jut by donating when other Gm's applied normally.

Therefore, I created a new donation reward system will help a lot and is fair and just in my opinion:

[/b]$05 - $15[/b] - One max stat item (32767) for every $5
[/b]$16 - $25[/b] - One max stat item for every $5 and 5000 chickens
[/b]$30 - $40[/b] - One max stat item for every $5, 5000 chickens, and access to a Donator Island
[/b]$45 - $50[/b] - One max stat item for every $5, 5000 chickens, access to Donator Island.
[/b]$55 and above[/b] - Intern level Gm status (level 2), Full set of max stat items, 10000 chickens, access to Donator Island.

[/b]Donator Island[/b]
For this place, I believe that it should be in Maple Island, thus removing it from Spinel's list of towns. In this Island, there are various things that would benefit a lot for the donators such as permanent silver slime mobs in the Maple island maps, a NPC that sells Gm scrolls for 1 meso, and access to all the equips and cash items via a NPC. But the catch is that Donators are NOT allowed to give, sell, or trade items to regular players that did not donate. If caught by a GM and/or intern, their Donator status will be stripped of and their equips and the person that they are selling it to will as well be stripped of.

[/b]Intern Status (level 2 Gm)[/b]
Since there are very little commands for interns (if not, at all) I will list some that i think should be a part of:
- !job (lets them be able to be any job they want)
- !internreport (does not ban the hacker, but gives the Gm's a Red Alert to come see and ban the hacker itself
- !mesos (lets them have as much mesos as they want)
- !say (lets them speak to the world)
- !warp (lets them warp to wherever/whoever they wish; can't warp the whole world though)
- !item (NOT !proitem, but !item)
- !gmtext (since they are technically a Gm)

[/b]Ending[/b]
This thread was made by Gentlemen (Myself) and all this was in my opinion and some of the players opinion. Sabrina, you may use this format or not, but please consider this. The final call is up to you but this is based on the opinions of myself and several players.

I will add to this more later. It's 10:00pm and I haven't got that much rest to PCE.

Last edited by Gentlemen on Sun May 24, 2009 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Gentlemen
Gentlemen

Back to top Go down

Donation/Reward System Empty Re: Donation/Reward System

Post  Zimonada Fri May 22, 2009 4:13 pm

100% agreed. The intern idea is best, IMO, as most of the donor GM's don't use the other non-intern commands much. One thing I will say is to possibly start off interns with a minimal number of commands, and as they prove themselves responsible, bump them up to level 3, or simply add commands. I only mention that because some people like to spawn things for JQ's and for fun, and it isn't totally fair to them who haven't abused those powers yet.

Definitely consider this though. We don't need too many people with GM status running around.
Zimonada
Zimonada

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentlemen Sat May 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Yeah. that's one of the reasons i put more intern commands because there aren't any interns (i think 0.0)

But yeah Zim, that's the veiw I wanted for everyone to see.

~gives zim a cookie~
Gentlemen
Gentlemen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybr Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 pm

I totally agree on the InternGM status. Also, Gentlemen, use [/b] at the ending of the [b] part instead of [b] itself. xD
Cybr
Cybr

Location : [strike]Niggers'[/strike] Afro Americans' Paradise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentlemen Sun May 24, 2009 4:06 am

Hahaha i just noticed that. Thanks =)
Gentlemen
Gentlemen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybr Sun May 24, 2009 4:18 am

Do something about that XD
Cybr
Cybr

Back to top Go down

Post  flipp3d Sun May 24, 2009 11:35 am

I like this idea as well. +1

flipp3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybr Sun May 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Aghum. Remove the dashes of the first [/b], keep the dashes of the 2nd [/b]

Like this: Dude xD
Forum code fail.
Cybr
Cybr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum